ETC Simulation contracted by Institute for Safety to deliver ADMS to Royal Netherlands Navy
Southampton, Pa., USA, June 27, 2013 – Environmental Tectonics Corporation’s (OTC Pink: ETCC) (“ETC” or the “Company”) Simulation Division, located in Orlando, Fla., has been awarded a contract from the Institute for Safety (“IFV”) to expand their Advanced Disaster Management Simulator (“ADMS”) with port incidents and simulation systems. The training systems and new scenario capabilities are required by IFV to provide ADMS training support to the Royal Netherlands Navy Fire Service.
ETC will deliver multiple portable ADMS Training Systems with adapted scenarios to IFV. The system includes a port, emergency response vehicles and crews, fire fighting boats, and CBRNE incidents. The ADMS systems will be used to provide virtual reality based training and examination programs to military and civilian staff, with ADMS having recently been certified by the National Fire Exam Bureau to be used for qualification exams. IFV will provide instructor training and technical support to the Navy.
Eric Didderen, Senior Trainer/Advisor at IFV, stated, “IFV is very pleased with the acknowledgement by the Fire Service of the Royal Netherlands Navy for this multi-year training support contract. We will work closely with Navy experts to further develop the exercise simulations needed for training fire and rescue in ports and on-board ships. The exercise scenarios also include a protesting crowd at the port and suspicious packages. We are very happy with ADMS, as it is a proven simulation platform that provides optimal scenario generating flexibility in combination with high fidelity simulation at a level required to train and test incident command.”
IFV is a national center of expertise with four Academies including the Fire Academy, Academy for Crisis Management, Emergency Medical Service Academy and Academy for Leadership. Since 2001, IFV has trained thousands of emergency responders and crisis management teams using ETC’s ADMS.
Foward-Looking Statements: This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are based on management's current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in circumstances. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements, but are not the exclusive means of identifying such statements. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those discussed in "Risk Factors" included in the Company's most-recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. We caution you not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
Back to News Releases
NEWS & EVENTS
- IFTC UK receives latest airport incident command training software
- Netherlands Fire Academy orders multiple systems and software expansion
- Fire Hose Trainer delivered to US Army IMCOM Fire Training Center Europe
- Jordan Civil Defense trains response teams with ADMS
- EOD Remote Controlled Vehicle simulation delivered to Police customer
- Seattle Airport takes delivery of Rosenbauer Panther ARFF simulator
- Hotel Fire scenario delivered for Fire Engineering courses at Netherlands Fire Academy
- Oshkosh Striker ARFF simulator for China
- ADMS-Command simulator delivered to Fayetteville Technical College
- Industrial Area delivered to Jiangsu Fire Corps China
- ADMS-Command system delivered to Army Installation Fort McCoy
- Rosenbauer ARFF Container delivered to US Army IMCOM Fire Training Center Europe